Saturday, January 3, 2009

Performing

I write poetry a lot. I figured I'd post them here since my stupid poetry website is getting just a little crowded with old work. I'm going to post all my new poems here. Sorry for those who look at the website, ill write the link on it for you guys =)

Performing

The music starts,
The beat and my body are connected,
We act as one,
I hold the rhythm,
In return the tune holds the beat,
My eyes search for the routine,
Performing without an error,
I remember each turn,
Each stomp each pop,
Its time to jump in the crowd,
Its time to find her tonight.
The music leads me to her,
Through a mask i can see her smile,
The eyes that dance with my rythm,
The body that goes with my song.
I bring myself closer,
Tempted to take her into flight,
Resisting the urge to touch,
My mind telling myself to kiss this girl tonight,
The music continues,
The show must go on,
I must return to the stage,
Our moment must be postponed.
The music finally stops,
Followed by the cheers of the crowd,
I can still see her smile,
Even after ive taken my bow.

J.Cazares

No comments:

Post a Comment