Saturday, January 3, 2009

An Open Mind

The way people think fascinates me. Its amazing how many opinions can come out of a simple question like "what motivates you?" I respect the power of speech, however, I've come to a disagreement with the minds of some people. I just don't get why certain people think the way they do. I have no control over it and I just wish this world had fewer mentalities than the one's I despise. For example, why do you people discriminate others? What is it about other people that they just can't get? I walk down city streets everyday and I see one of the most diverse group of individuals. Never did I think this world or city would be better off without a certain race. I don't place a race with an action. I know everyone has a little racism in them, I'm not saying we should be perfect civilized people, I mean it would be great but unlikely to happen. What I'm saying is people need to realize they aren't alone in this world. They aren't going to wake up in the morning and find people just like them everywhere they turn. If you want that kind of life than I suggest you walk into a lot of those fun mirror houses. That way everywhere you "turn" you'll just see your reflection.

I am pro-open mind. Probably not a term but in my little world it is. I don't see myself changing the world but it would be nice to see different races being able to coexist. "If we can fight wars together, we can live together." One of my favorite quotes however I'm unsure of where I got it from. (Remember the Titans?)

To be open minded is not just thinking with respects to everything or everyone, but acting upon your own thoughts. -J.Cazares

No comments:

Post a Comment